Here are some helpful tips for homeowners...
- Make sure your air conditioner is free from debris and weeds for easier air flow.
- Call your air conditioner maintenance company for a yearly "check up."
- Clean window frames and weep holes of debris.
- Clean patio and window seels.
- Have your dryer vent cleaned! Accumulation of lint caused by dryer softener sheets can lead to build up of lint in venting system, and possibly a fire. (Recommended to clean every 2 years.)
- Do not use grills inside structures. Also, keep away from siding.
- Remove your patio furniture to an indoor space.
- Have your furnace maintenance company check your furnace for a yearly "check up."
- PROTECT the 4p's-PEOPLE, PETS, PIPES, PLANTS
- Carry a small plastic container of sand and/or ice melt when walking to and from your vehicle. A small amount sprinkled on the concrete may eliminate a nasty fall.
Change furnace filter.
Keep a fire extinguisher handy in the kitchen in case of emergency.
Clean furnace room drain with hot water.
Check smoke detector to see if batteries need changed.